Image, social and other personal consultants
National Occupation Code (NOC): 6561
Image, social and other personal consultants advise clients on their personal appearance, speaking style, manners or other behaviours in order to improve personal or business images. They are employed by beauty salons, fashion boutiques, modelling schools, image consulting companies, weight loss centres or they may be self-employed.
Follow This Occupation
Job Duties for Image, social and other personal consultants
- Advise clients on hair colour, hairstyles, make-up, clothing and accessories; may advise on posture, general appearance and manners, and provide courses and seminars on business and social etiquette.
- Advise clients on type, colour and application of make-up.
- Advise clients on choice of colours for clothing that will complement their appearance.
- Advise clients on the selection of wedding gowns, floral arrangements, banquet facilities, wedding invitations and other items related to weddings.
Weight loss consultants
- Administer commercial weight-loss programs, advise clients on diet and exercise and provide related support services.
Working Conditions for Image, social and other personal consultants
Work takes place in an office or studio environment.
Alternate Job Titles
- Consultant, Fashion Colours
- Corporate Image Consultant
- Etiquette Consultant
- Fashion And Wardrobe Consultant
- Fashion Colour Analyst
- Fashion Colour Consultant
- Fashion Consultant
- Image Consultant
- Image Co-ordinator
- Make-up Consultant
- Personal Image Consultant
- Personal Image Counsellor
- Personal Improvement Consultant
- Personal Style Co-ordinator
- Personal Wardrobe Consultant
- Professional Image Consultant
- Public Image Consultant - Personal Consultants
- Public Speaking Consultant
- Social Consultant
- Wardrobe Consultant
- Wedding Consultant
- Wedding Services Consultant
- Weight Loss Adviser
- Weight Loss Consultant