National Occupation Code (NOC): 6312
Executive housekeepers direct and control the operations of housekeeping departments within hotels, hospitals and other establishments.
Follow This Occupation
Job Duties for Executive housekeepers
- Manage the operations of the housekeeping department
- Plan and co-ordinate the activities of housekeeping supervisors and their crews
- Conduct inspections to ensure that departmental standards and health and safety regulations are being met
- Select and purchase equipment and supplies, and maintain inventory
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery
- Hire, train and supervise housekeeping staff
- Maintain financial records and prepare budgets, payroll and employee schedules.
Working Conditions for Executive housekeepers
Work is performed indoors, including facility laundry quarters.
Alternate Job Titles
- Assistant Executive Housekeeper
- Assistant Housekeeping Manager
- Executive Housekeeper
- Hospital Executive Housekeeper
- Hotel Executive Housekeeper
- Housekeeping Director
- Housekeeping Manager