Other performers, n.e.c.
National Occupation Code (NOC): 5232
This unit group includes circus performers, magicians, models, puppeteers and other performers not elsewhere classified. They are employed by circuses, nightclubs, and theatre, advertising and other production companies, or they may be self-employed.
Follow This Occupation
Job Duties for Other performers, n.e.c.
- Entertain passers-by on sidewalks and in parks with magic tricks, juggling acts, short dramatic works, music and other entertaining displays.
Circus performers such as trapeze artists, high-wire walkers, clowns and jugglers
- Entertain audiences with thrilling and humorous acts.
Magicians and illustionists
- Perform sleight-of-hand tricks, disappearing acts and other illusions.
- Display clothing and merchandise in commercials, advertisements and fashion shows and pose for artists and photographers.
- Operate puppets and marionettes.
Working Conditions for Other performers, n.e.c.
Work is performed in a wide variety of conditions. Some artists , such as circus performers, take part in dangerous stunts from heights.
Alternate Job Titles
- Aerial Acrobat - Entertainment
- Art And Photography Model
- Circus Artist
- Circus Performer
- Deejay (DJ) - Turntablist
- DJ (deejay) - Turntablist
- Erotic Dancer
- Exotic Dancer
- Face Painter
- Fashion Model
- High-wire Walker
- Marionette Handler
- Nude Dancer
- Rodeo Driver
- Rodeo Horse Rider
- Santa Claus/Mrs. Claus
- Show Horse Rider
- Slack-rope Performer - Entertainment
- Sleight-of-hand Artist
- Street Entertainer
- Striptease Dancer
- Stunt Performer
- Stunt Rider
- Table Dancer
- Thrill Performer
- Trapeze Artist
- Veejay (VJ) - Video Performance Artist
- VJ (veejay) - Video Performance Artist