Other professional engineers, n.e.c.
National Occupation Code (NOC): 2148
This unit group includes agricultural and bio-resource engineers, biomedical engineers, engineering physicists and engineering scientists, marine and naval engineers, textile engineers and other specialized engineering occupations which are not classified elsewhere.
Follow This Occupation
Job Duties for Other professional engineers, n.e.c.
Agricultural and bio-resource engineers
- Design and develop machinery, structures, equipment and systems related to agriculture and food processing.
- Design and develop medical diagnostic and clinical instrumentation, equipment and procedures; develop devices to assist persons with disabilities; advise hospital administrators on planning, acquisition and use of medical equipment; and modify and install or supervise installation of equipment.
Engineering physicists and engineering scientists
- Conduct research, develop processes, programs and equipment to expand fundamental knowledge in the applied sciences and engineering and to support advanced engineering and scientific applications.
Marine and naval engineers
- Design and develop marine vessels and floating structures and associated marine power plants, propulsion systems and related systems and equipment and oversee the building, maintenance and repair of vessels and marine systems.
- Design and develop processes, equipment and procedures for the production of fibres, yarns and textiles.
Working Conditions for Other professional engineers, n.e.c.
Work is usually performed indoors.
Alternate Job Titles
- Agricultural Engineer
- Agronomy Engineer
- Agroprocessing Engineer
- Bioelectrical Engineer
- Biomechanical Engineer
- Biomedical Engineer
- Biomedical Engineer - Research And Development
- Bio-resource Engineer
- Clinical Biomedical Engineer
- Dairy Plant Engineer
- Engineer In Agronomy
- Engineering Physicist
- Engineering Scientist
- Food Processing Engineer
- Food Technology Engineer
- Marine Engineer
- Marine Systems Engineer
- Naval Architect
- Naval Engineer
- Ship Construction Engineer
- Shipbuilding Engineer
- Textile Engineer
- Naval Architect