Attend this interactive workshop to learn practical strategies that will help your company integrate new Canadians into your team and benefit from international experience, connections and perspectives. Come and network with other businesses and service providers.
We are proud to introduce Working in Peel Halton, a comprehensive website for labour market information about Peel (Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon), Halton (Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills) and the Greater Toronto Area. This is the place to be if you’re deciding on a career, looking for a job, or starting a business in Peel, Halton and the surrounding GTA. Visit www.workinginpeelhalton.com to start your labour market research now!
2013 Peel Halton Employer Survey - Results and Analysis
Download the 2013 Peel Halton Employer Survey - Results and Analysis, representing around 400 employers in Peel and Halton Regions, covering a wide cross-section of industries and firm sizes. The results will:
- Examine how employers screen and hire, for both entry-level and intermediate/senior positions.
- Identify how employers find job candidates, and which recruitment methods they are most please with.
- Indicate youth hiring intentions, and what drives employers to hire or not hire youth.
- Investigate training intentions and the most common barriers to training.
- National Household Survey – Employment by Industry, Occupation & Educational Attainment
- Canadian Business Patterns – Number of Employers, Change in the Number of Employers by Size of Firm & Change in the Number of Firm by Industry (June 2012 to June 2013)
- Aggregate Peel Halton Data provided by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities on clients using Employment Ontario Services. This data looks at client profiles using various characteristics including length of time unemployed, age, education levels and exit outcomes.
Are you looking for a no cost or low cost computer training organization in Peel & Halton? Do you struggle to find a location close to your clients for their no cost or low cost computer training needs?
The Peel Halton Workforce Development Group in collaboration with The Centre for Skills Development & Trainingare happy to provide you with the “No Cost & Low Cost Computer Training”, a resource with a listing of all Peel Halton organizations that offer computer training.
Youth Employment Fund
The Youth Employment Fund (YEF) is set up to provide young people with an entry point to long-term employment through job placements that offer the chance to learn work skills while earning an income.